Some of My Favorite People

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My First 2010 Finish!

I finished "The Pink Hare Sampler" which makes it my very first stitchy finish of 2010. Here's a snap of my big, er...little finish. It's only 3 1/2 square. Very delicate and the colors are just so scrumptiously soft.
  
The Pink Hare Sampler
Ewe and Eye and Friends
Stitched on 35 ct. Hand Dyed LInen (unnamed, but I'd call it Bisque).
Used recommened GA and WDW floss.
(Exception: substituted Madison Rose for the Red Pear, which I didn't have.) 

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was having trouble deciding if the pink ribbon that I used for the roses worked. Well, I frogged one of the roses and restitched it in the darker pink. I liked it so much that there just wasn't a question about which pink to go with. So I frogged the other two roses and restitched them in the darker pink as well. Actually, I had to frog and restitch those damn ribbon roses several times trying to get them to lay right.  The rose at the top is still kind of tight but I can live with it.

I expect my next stitchy finish will be "Hoppin' Along Sampler" by With Thy Thread and Needle (Country Stitches). I am nearly done with the cross stitching. Then it's on to "antiqueing" it with instant coffee and constructing the bunny. Which means I'll need to dust off my sewing maching. I'd really like to finish this by Easter. And, yes I do mean this year. Do I hear laughing???


A big THANKS to all of you who leave me a comment every now and then. I really apprecitate it. Your comments always brighten my day! I am loving the blogging world, it's wonderful connecting with people that share the love of needlework!   

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my little corner of the world.

4 comments:

Faye said...

The Pink Haire turned out darling!! And, I cannot wait to see your completed bunny...VERY nice~ Faye

Daffycat said...

What a tiny little sampler ~ gorgeous! Love your WIP too. Can't wait to see the finished bunny!

Deb said...

I think that you Pink Haire is perfect. Sorry about those ribbon roses though. I've never tried them - probably because I never thought I'd be able to do them. Can't wait to see your bunny. I made her last year and just love her.

Julianne said...

Robin,

I really like your choice of ribbon for the roses. I think the more antique pink color is a wonderful look for your piece. Congratulations on a lovely finish.

I hope you have a good week.