Some of My Favorite People

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! -- And Liebster Award News



I received a blog award from Karen at The View from the Stitching Chair last week. Thank you Karen! I'm so glad you like my blog!

Here's the Liebster Award scoup:
Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved and is awarded by bloggers to newer bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. By accepting this award I will:
1. Choose 5 blogs to award the Liebster to.
2. Thank my friend and link back to her.
3. Post the award on my blog and list the bloggers I pass the Liebster on to with their links.
4. Let them know by leaving them a comment.
5. Share 5 random facts about myself that people do not know about me.

The 5 blogs I'm passing the award on to are as follows (in alphabetical order):
Lorraine - Sew Be It!

These are wonderful blogs! I'm always inspired by their talent, creativity, and love of needlework. If you haven't visited their blogs yet, then you are in for a treat!

Now, let's see...5 random facts about myself that people do not know about me:

1. I collect robins for two reasons, my name is Robin and it is the Michigan state bird.

2. I'm an avid American Idol fan! Wouldn't miss it! Thank goodness for the DVR!

3. My mother and my mother-in-law's first and middle names are the same, "Shirley Ann." I'm going to stitch them on a sampler one of these days.

4. My interest in needlework was ignited by two inspirational women in the 1970's: Erica Wilson, who had a wonderful needlework television show on PBS, and Ginnie Thompson, "The First Lady of Cross Stitch" who spurred American interest in counted cross stitch. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to attend one of Ginnie Thompson's classes. That's when I switched from aida and hardanger to linen.

5. In the eighties, I entered the Rokome Gardens National Counted Cross Stitch Show and won two ribbons. First Place in the Paula Vaughan category and Third Place in the sampler category. Check out my entries:

 Bright and Shining Star (I think that is the name)
Paula Vaughan 

 
 Country Kitchen Sampler from A to Z
Deborah Lambein

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!  

3 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Easter Robin!
It is great learning 5 things about you. Your stitching is beautiful.

Karen said...

Happy Easter! Beautiful pieces...do they still have the needlework show at Rockome? I went a couple of times but haven't heard anything about it in years.

Grit said...

Ich liebe Deine Stickereien. Super schön.
Liebe Grüße Grit